Friday, September 2, 2011

Me and the tire

This has been a interesting trip in many different ways. Below you can see one of the more "interesting" things we encountered.



We were about 40 miles west of Spokane on I-90 when a tire on the left of the trailer blew. Fortunately I was able to pull over before it came apart and did some serious damage to the trailer. Changing it about 4 feet from 18 wheelers zooming past was interesting as well. Then came the other interesting events. The spare tire I put on had little to no air pressure so we drove slowly to a filling station about 15 miles up the road where I inflated it. Then on to the Omlins another 100 miles away. I got the tire replaced but it was the wrong load range so decided to head for Issaquah on the spare and get a new tire there. But... when we came to leave I found that the spare wouldn't hold air....so off the Quincy with the spare to get the valve stem replaced. With that done we made it to Issaquah and got a new tire on the rim yesterday. So..... now to put it on the trailer and hope all will be OK.
So.... in case anyone thinks life on the road is all fun.... just take a look at the tire

No comments: