Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gig Harbor







We drove from George, Washington to Gig Harbor just 10 miles north of Tacoma on Thursday afternoon. The 180 mile trip was uneventful and we arrived to find a quaint little fishing village with lots of boats and shops for the visiting folks. The town is a eclectic collection of local home grown folks and transplants from across the country. Kristie joined us with two friends for dinner Friday evening and she is camping with us for the weekend. It's only a hour from her house to here so it's sort of "backyard" camping for her.











The view from the hill just west of the harbor is truly spectacular. We walked the town and had lunch at a casual restaurant.







While walking in a residential area I came across a doe and two fawns helping themselves to apples from someones tree. It's great to see nature live in close proximity to people. I suspect that the apple tree owners don't share my view.


1 comment:

froghair said...

hey there Mr Hal! I love your blog -- I'll be a regular reader! I was just describing Gig Harbor to a friend last night, I called it "Arnold-on-the-Sound" and I think my parents should retire there.