Sunday, August 10, 2008

Woodburn, Oregon



Greetings from Woodburn, Oregon. It's Sunday morning and I have a little time so thought I'd update you on our happenings.


We drove down to Woodburn on Friday.... a 200 hundred mile trip. Woodburn is about 30 miles south of Portland on I-5. Sharleen's sisters and families live here so we get to spend the weekend with some really great folks.


Yesterday, while the girls went shopping(surprise!) the guys headed to the beach with the quads for a little "playing in the big sandbox" time. We drove about two hours from Woodburn to Sand lake. There is a recreation area at Sand Lake that is about 1500 acres of sand dunes, wooded trails and beach that is open to off road vehicles of all shapes and sizes. All you need is a permit, a flag for the vehicle and the nerve to "hit the sand".







We pulled out on the beach, got stuck, offloaded the quads, parked the trailer and we were off.









We rode the beach for a while just so I could get the feel of the quad and then we "headed for the dunes". The guys took it easy on me and we had fun going up and down the sand.








Tony showed me how to climb a dune in reverse..... show off!! I think he just wanted to spray some sand.






We rode for about 4 hours resting when the view was great and watching the riders do crazy things with their bikes. It was a special day for me since I got to do something I never would have done on my own and doing it with some great guys made it all the better. Many thanks to Jerry, Tony and Ray for letting me "tag along" on the trip to the dunes.


Tomorrow we head for Bandon, Oregon and Bullards Beach state park. It's the final week of our month roaming the Pacific Northwest. There's no WiFi at the state park so this will be my last post till we get home on August 20.



































No comments: